- Alpha Time – Phon ics of Letters A to Z. We start with easy consonants then we go to the vowel sounds, and then we concentrate on the hard consonants.
- Video – Alpha time takes characters through Alpha Land – a 30 minute video.
- Alpha Books – Books that are read to the children during morning circle time to encourage phonics given during story time.
- Alpha Time Songs – Phonetic songs that are sung during every circle time and music time.
- Little Book Series – A fun way of encouraging the love of reading, used to build confidence and creativity in books. We will read a new book every two weeks. They create the book and decorate the book therefore they take ownership in the book.
- Creative Arts – An activity that is included into the Alphabet Letter of the week.
* activities are repeated every day
DLM – Daily Learning Module – Thematic units used to create conversation and creativity in learning science, social studies, and math. Each unit will have fun hands on learning activities taught through the five senses.
- DLM Express Math – Computerized program used to teach mathematical concepts at a child’s own pace. Always done with a manipulative to teach concepts dimensionally.
- One Minute Math – A one-minute math activity is done during circle time each day to encourage mathematical learning.
- Letter Math Activities –A fun folder game that teaches matching, sequencing, patterning along with the phonetic letter that is being taught.
- No Tears Writing – A fabulous writing curriculum used to make writing fun, while exercising the muscles used in writing and using the correct vocabulary that makes this fun and exciting.
- High Tech Kids – Computer –A 30 minutes computer activity that encourages the proper terms used for computer parts and proper use of the computer. We do fun activities that teach responsibility and encourage math and reading skills.
- Music – Children learn through songs, finger plays, chants and rhymes. Example: songs are used for transitions to learn colors, days of the week, months of the year, Spanish numbers and colors, weather, etc… This list will continue to infinity songs make learning fun an exciting. The Letter People sing their way through Letter Land!! *Proverb: Everything done in a rhyme saves time!
- P.E. – Daily jumper activities that encourage crossing over mid-line in order to exercise their bodies and brains.
- Nutrition – We encourage the children to eat healthy by offering lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. We also like to eliminate sugar products by replacing with fresh fruits and vegetables. With your help this will be a great success. When possible our meals are cooked from scratch. We have learned that through studies done by Barbara Stitt that food affects the way our children behave and that natural organic foods are better for our children.
- Water – As we all know water is good for us. We have a water filtering system that allows fresh water in the rooms for more water breaks throughout the day.